Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Milestone 2013 and the New 2014

2013 so far, is the year that taught me about life. If someone would ask what’s with 2013, my mind would only drift to September 10, 2013, the day I lost my mother. Nothing could compare how painful it was to lose a part of your being. That moment taught me about pain, about strength, about family, about time, about life but mostly about love. How much a person can love others; how much a person can be loved. It taught me how important showing your love to others is. It taught me how important time is. There are a lot of things I would like to share about this turning moment of my life and how it really made me a new person. But, as a new being, it would be better if I’d share it through actions. Through something that my old self would be hesitant to do -> to be a person with a bold mind, a brave heart and a selfless soul.

I want to be a person with a bold mind to be able to understand others more. A person who is capable of speaking her mind without hesitation. A person who understands others beyond the spoken words.

I want to be a person with a brave heart to be capable of loving more. A person who loves life and all the challenges it would throw her way. A person who is not afraid to express her emotions to be able to let others in her life. A person who is capable to love with all her heart, may it be her family, her friends, or her beloved.
I want to be a person with a selfless soul to be able to help others beyond my ability. A person who never have a second thought to help those who are needy. A person who would extend not only her hands for others, but would help in influencing others to do the same.

I owe it to my mother to be that person – a person that she will be proud of. So year 2014 will be a year of fulfilling this promise to myself. But while building a new self,  I also plan to do it in a fulfilling way. By fulfilling, I mean, exciting, learning, and a fun way. I am building me and also enjoying life to its fullest. So here’s to a new year that for sure will definitely be a fabulous one. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Bowdy and you're going to help me achieve this. Here's to 2014 and what it will bring to our lives.

      Delete